Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 2: The Middle of the Night

Last night, I woke up around 3am. Usually I don't wake up at all, but sometimes the light from living in the city or the noises from living in a condo awaken me when I am meant to be sleeping. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but at this time, my mind wanders. I start worrying about things that in the morning seem ridiculous. The night before, our underground parking area got broken into and 7 cars were vandalized (which is quite a few for a building with only 21 units), so then I started worrying about our car down there and whether these people had access to the building. We have been broken into in our last building and that feeling of uneasiness is hard to shake. I wish these desperate people who break into people's homes understand the psychological damage it has on us. In the middle of the night, every little noise makes me nervous sometimes. So needless to say, replacing these concerned thoughts with positive, productive thoughts was not happening. I tried to think of the things I'm grateful for - for the amazing husband, being healthy, having a roof over my head. They did help, but my mind would pull me back in again. My conclusion is that the middle of the night is a work in progress. I'll focus on today now and getting a better sleep tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment